ENTRANCE EXAM QUESTIONS (GRADE 12: ENGLISH: ETHIOPIA: 1995 UPTO 2015EC): ON WORD ORDER/Sentence: WITH EXPLANATION: ! BY MILLION ABEBE (MA IN ENGLISH/IN TEFL AND B. ED. DEGREE IN PEDAGOGY): 2023





Attention Please!
  • The following words are NOT in the proper order when put in the right order, they make correct English sentences. 
  • From the given alternatives:
    • First identify the errors in each choice!
    • Second, choose the one that is correct!

Challenge-1

1. Stage the is it  that she were on high time. (G-12: Entrance: 2015S)
A. She is on high time that were it the stage.
B. It is hight time that she were on the stage.
C. She is on high time that it were the stage.
D. It is the stage that she were on high time.
2. Big-Bang theory the world scientist who introduced the was a prominent Stephen Hawkings. (G-12: Entrance: 2015S)
A. The world scientist who introduced the Big-Bang theory was a prominent Stephen Hawkings.
B. Stephen Hawkings introduced the world to a Big Bang theory who was a prominent scientist.
C. The prominent scientist who introduced a world to Big-Bang theory was Stephen Hawkings.
D. Stephen Hawkings was a prominent scientist who introduced the world to the Big-Bang theory. 
3. Their a generation is like passing killing students in  exams who have actually failed. (G-12: Entrance: 2015N)
A. Passing students who have actually failed in their exams is like killing a generation.
B. Passing a generation is like killing students who have actually failed in their exams.
C. Passing students in their exams is like a generation who have actually failed killing.
D. Killing a generation is like passing students in their exams who have actually failed.
4. Was the spot down at the criminal gunned right. (G-12: Entrance: 2000) 
A. The spot was gunned down right at the criminal. 
B. The right spot was gunned down at the criminal.
C. The right spot at the criminal was gunned down. 
D. The criminal was gunned down right at the spot.
5. Mammo dog the skinny killed. (G-12: Entrance: 2007)
A. Mammo the skinny dog killed.
B. Skinny dog killed the Mammo.
C. Skinny the dog Mammo killed.
D. The skinny dog killed Mammo.
6. Looking have we over you all been for. (G-12: Entrance: 2005)
A. We have been looking for you all over.
B. We all have been looking over for you.
C. You have been looking for we all over.
D. All over you have been looking for we.
7. Next do in who class to sit? (G-12: Entrance: 2003)
A. Who do you sit next to in class? 
B. Next who do you sit in to class?
C. To who next do you sit in class? 
D. Who next to do you sit in 
8. World I the sail to around want. (G-12: Entrance: 2005)
A. To sail around the world I want.
B. I want around the world to sail.
C. I want to sail around the world.
D. Around the world I want to sail.
9. Plane I by travelling hate. (G-12: Entrance: 2008A)
A. By plane I hate travelling.
B. Travelling by plane I hate.
C. I hate travelling by plane.
D. I hate by plane travelling.
10. Which of the following sentences is grammatically correct?
A. She very hard worked last week at school.
B. She last week very hard worked at school.
C. She worked very hard at school last week.
D. She worked at school very hard last week.
Challenge-2
11. Always farm local fresh I bought have eggs from my. (G-12: Entrance: 1995)
A. I have bought always fresh eggs from my local farm.
B. I always have bought my eggs from fresh local farm.
C. I have always bought my fresh local eggs from farm.
D. I have always bought fresh eggs from my local farm.
12. Have flats and of estate losts agents information houses on.  (G-12: Entrance: 1995)
A. Agents have lots of estate information on houses and flats.
B. Estate agents have lots of houses and flats on information.
C. Estate agents have lots of information on houses and flats.
D. Lots of information on houses and flats have estate agents. 
13. A respect for other cultures a pluralust society is requirement for. (G-12: Entrance: 1998)
A. Respect for other cultures is a requirement of a pluralist society.
B. A pluralist society is a requirement of respect for other cultures.
C. Respect for a pluralist society is a requirement for other cultures. 
D. For other cultures a pluralust society is requirement for a respect.
14. Encourage business these days are lending banks to expand more money to. (G-12: Entrance: 1998)
A. These days to encourage banks more money business are lending to expand.
B. Business these days are lending banks to expand more money to encourage.
C. Banks are lending more money these days to encourage business to expand.
D. To encourage banks to expand business are lending more money these days.
15. Interrupt I speak me while don't. (G-12: Entrance: 1998)
A. Speak me while I don't interrupt.
B. Don't interrupt me while I speak.
C. I speak me while don't interrupt.
D. Don't speak me while I interrupt.

Comments