Grade 12 Model Exam (English): Grammar Questions with Answers: Collected from Various Regions, Schools in Ethiopia (Part-4): 2024

Compiled By Million Abebe (MA in English/in TEFL and B. Ed. Degree in Pedagogy)


Overview
This material (Grade 12 Model Exam: Grammar: Part-4) presents 60 questions with answers + handouts, focusing only on grammar; the link with the answers for these questions is given at the END (see it)!

Attention!
If you haven't yet read, please, read the next general information about our Grade 12 Model Exam Section!
1. About the Questions
  • These questions (Grade 12 Model Exam Questions) have been prepared by different regions, woreda/ districts and schools (in Ethiopia). 
  • They are collected, organized based on topics (Grammar, Writing, Communicative Activities.. .) and presented with answers + handouts by Million Abebe.
  • I (Million Abebe) would like to give credit to all these institutions (see the list of the institutions at end)!
2. Our Mission
  • Our main mission is ''creating opportunities for students to get more practice questions that are prepared by different institutions''!
3. Three Key Recommendations
Dear students, whenever, you are asked questions, consider the next three issues carefully!
  • Understanding Questions:
    • Before giving/choosing your answers, you must make sure the question is about what  (it is about what)!
    • Do this both while practice and also on exam!
  • Avoiding ''I know'' Habit:
    • Don't jump questions/worksheets saying "I know/I did it before!"!
    • Do this always while practice!
  • Using Paper, Pen + Answers:
    • Do the questions on paper: by writing your answers on paper assume yourself as you are on exam!
    • After you complete, don't forget to get correction (see the correct answers: at the END)!
====Wish you nice practice!====
Instructions:
  • All the questions are multiple choice questions; choose the best answers!
  • Almost all grammar contents, which appear on Grade 12 Entrance Exam, are covered in this model exam! 
1. I didn’t see you _______ the party ______ Saturday. Where were you? 
A. at/on    B. on/at    
C. on/on   D. at/at
2. The most helpful person in the group is __________ .
A. she    B. her    C. herself   D. him
3. When the plan is presented, I shall favor __________ adoption.
A. it    B. its    C. it’s   D. its’
4. Ethiopia is in ___ Eastern Arica; Liberia is in ___ West.
A. a/a         B. the/the     
C. __/the     D. the/a
5. The director _________ his dinner at the moment, but I will tell him you here as soon as he has finished. 
A. is eating         B. eats 
C. has eaten       D. was eating
6. It is midnight I __________ for five straight hours. No wonder I am getting tired. 
A. studied       
B. have been studying
C. had had     
D. had been studying
7. Halfway to the lake, we remembered that we _________ to bring the picnic basket  
A. forgot     
B. have forgotten
C. forget     
D. had forgotten
8. Early to bed and early to rise ________ a man healthy, wealthy and wise.  
A. make B. makes 
C. have made 
D. are making
9. One of the arguments he offered _______ especially convincing. 
A. seem       
B. have seeming
C. seems    D. seeming
10. I don’t have enough money, but if I ________, I would buy it.
A. didn’t    B. did    C. do         D. had
11. Any ________ person knows that smoking is a destructive habit.
A. think           B. thought   
C. thinking     D. thinks
12. I let my friend _________ my dictionary. 
A. borrow         B. to borrow
C. borrowing    D. to borrowing
13. They gave me some oranges and some cabbages. ________ are my favorite fruit.
A. the later        B. the farmer
C. the latter      D. the previous
14. He had ________ crooked toe that no shoes would fit him.
A. very                  B. such very
C. such a very     D. so very  
15. He didn’t like his wife cooking. _________ he decided to eat a nearby restaurant.
A. Therefore,      B. For all that
C. Though           D. So  
16.______ I told you I’m going to worker very hard, in grade12.  
A. Like     B. Since   
C. As    D. As soon as  
17. I often drink hot drinks ________ coffee and tea.
A. As    B. like   C. but   D. ;however,
18. I wish I were live with my mother. Means __________.
A. I’m living with my mother now
B. I will live with my mother  
C. I’m not living with my mother now
D. I don’t want to live with my mother
19. The longer I stayed with my aunt, _________.
A. the more the angrier I became
B. the more I got to know her
C. the most angriest I became
D. the most I got to know her
20. The events in the book _________ from the author’s life.
A. was taken      B. were taken
C. took                 D. has taken
21. There were four books on the table ________ book had a different colour.
A. each                         B. every
C. every of the book    
D. each of the
22. His ideas are very difficult, but ________ people understand them.
A. few   B. a few   C. little   D. a little  
23. Derara was a clever student. He attended school regularly and studied hard with his friends____ he would get very good marks in all subjects.
A. to   B. so   C. so that   D. therefore  
24. Dr. Ebsa is a physician _____ everyone witnesses for his humble and kind treatment.
A. that            B. whom 
C. whose       D. which  
25. Alemu _____ in this school for 5 years and then moved to Adama.  
A. has worked         B. had worked
C. works                   D. worked  
26. Reshid likes eating raw meat and so do his friends, but _______.  
A. neither does his brother
B. his brother doesn’t
C. his brother does
D. nor doesn’t his brother  
27. I took my mother to the cinema yesterday, but I was not interested in the film and ______.
A. so was my mother
B. my mother was either
C. neither was my mother
D. neither wasn’t my mother  
28. My brother’s wedding was very nice and surprising to our family. Unfortunately, I was out of town by that time. I wish I ______ there.  
A. had been         B. am
C. were                 D. would be  
29. He is the richest person in this small town. He owns a business ______ capital is about 200 million birr.  
A. which          B. whose 
C. whom         D. that  
30. I could have caught up the bus if I _______ early at the station.
A. arrive                         B. arrived
C. would have arrived      
D. had arrived  
31. _____ a respected teacher, Hiwot should have made good preparation and shouldn’t have shouted at her students. She must have been angry with something.  
A. Like    B. For   C. As    D. Since  
32. I would like you to come to my birthday party next Sunday. I will draw a map for you _____ you can’t find my house.  
A. in case     B. if   C. when   D. but  
34. My friend has built a very beautiful house. It is ______ a palace.  
A. as    B. like   C. for   D. that  
35. The head of the school told me to call all my friends to his office but I could find _______.
A. neither      B. both 
C. no              D. none  
36. They intend to buy a new model car. They seem ______ a lot of money.  
A. to have     B. having 
C. have         D. to having  
37. A lot of people are migrating to foreign countries. Have you ever considered ____ to live in another country?
A. going      B. go 
C. to go       D. have gone  
38. Only a few students disturbed the class but most of them _______.
A. dismissed              
B. were dismissed
C. were dismissing   
D. have dismissed  
39. If Rahel practiced acting every day, she ______ the best film actress.
A. will be        B. would have been
C. is                 D. would be  
40. Kamila was employed in this hospital as soon as she was graduated as a nurse and she is still working here she _______ for 10 years.  
A. works       B. has worked
C. worked    D. is working  
41. The doctor has warned him frequently not to take any alcohol ______ he is not willing to obey.
A. although   B. however    
C. so               D. yet
42. Why is that man waving it us? I think his car ____ down.          
A. might have broken
B. couldnt have broken
C. might be break
D. could break                      
43. Which one is the most correct order of adjectives?          
A. Italian blue woolen sport suit.  
B. Sport blue Italian woolen suit.
C. Blue Italian woolen sport suit. 
D. Woolen blue Italian sport suit.  
44. An accident _______ the traffic in town today.                         
A. get off C. held up   
C. take off D. give away  
45. Last week I was in poor health. I wish I _______ harder for the test.                   
A. had studied B. studied
C. have studied D.  was studying
46. The nationality word of Somalia is to Somali as Congo is to:  
A. Congoyan B. Congonese
C. Congolese D. Congolish
47. Which one of the underlined qualifying phrases means there is a big difference?
A. Our school is by far the most successful in the region.
B. Fewer children are illiterates now than in 2003. 
C. The percentage of boys that went to secondary school was a bit bigger in 2008 than in 2007.
D. Nearly as many girls went to secondary school in 2003 as in 2004.
48. The indefinite reported speech of the sentence Hussein said, I am going to Addis next week.
A. Hussein says he is going to Addis next week.
B. Hussein said he is going to Addis this week.
C. Hussein said he was going to Addis the following week.
D. Hussein said he was going to Addis last week. 
49. She said to me “I have got no money. The reported form of this statement is:
A. She said to me that she had got no money.
B. She said to me that she had got no money.
C. She said to me that she had get no money.
D. She said to me that she have got no money.
50. Abdul, _________ is one of the hardest working students I know, has just won the scholarship.
A. that B.  whom   C. whose D. who
51. By the time I got home, everyone __________ to bed.
A. has gone B. goes   
C. had gone D. went
52. Which of the words can take both suffixes full and less
A. Grace B. Wonder
C. Play D. Job
53. I am quite pleased with what I _________ this year.
A. achieve B. achieved
C. was achieving
D. have achieved
54. Have you ever discussed ____________ the causes of HIV AIDS?
A. about B. to       C. on D. with
55. We ______ pleased if she came.
A. are B. will be
C. had been D. would be
56. If you _________ on the lights, you would not have fallen over the chair.
A. will switch
B. are switched
C. switched
D. had switched
57. I wont travel to London if I __________ get a cheap flight.
A. didn't       B. doesn't     
C. don't         D. will not
58. The new cars _____________ at the rate of twenty a day.
A. are being turned out.
B. were being turned out
C. are turned out
D. were turned out
59. It was thought that the social workers _______valuable work.
A. do B. were doing
C. have done D. did
60. She studied hard ____________ become a doctor. 
A. in order to B. because
C. as D. for


==THE E N D!======
 Check your answers by clicking here, for correct answers!
=============================
Credit
Once again, I (Million Abebe) would like to give credit to all these institutions (see the list of the institutions at end)!
  • These questions are prepared (in Ethiopia) at different:
  • Oromia Regional States: Education Bureau (Ethiopia)
  • Addis Ababa City Administration: Education Bureau (Ethiopia)
  • Chiro Town Administration: Education Office (Chiro: West Hararghe: Oromia: Ethiopia)
  • Chercher Secondary School (Government School: Chiro: West Hararghe: Oromia: Ethiopia)
  • Bedessa Preparatory School (Government School: Bedessa: West Hararghe: Oromia: Ethiopia)
  • School of Redemption (Private School: Addis Ababa: Ethiopia)

Comments

Post a Comment